Sunday 20 April 2008

A little help from a friend

Hey everyone, hope you've all had a great Easter.

I'm just back from a week in Scotland with my mum. It was great but it was also good to get back again. I've enjoyed my Easter break. I've seen everyone I've wanted to see and it's been quite a laugh really. I'm obviously looking forward to getting back in Sunderland but at the same time I'm dreading the workload that comes with it. At least I can look to music to calm me down. Speaking of which, I never thought I'd say I miss my guitar! I do have an electric guitar here but my shabby little acoustic is in Sunderland and I miss just messing around with it.

I knew I couldn't go three weeks without doing something musical, it seems like the only thing I have been doing these past few months. I got together with my friend Mark from So Long Lisa to record a little something. We both love Paramore with a passion so it was fun recording. Haley Williams is amazing. Her vocals are something no-one can imitate. Here are a few live performances of hers on youtube. The first is of Hallelujah and the second is of Misery Business.









As you can imagine, she's a bit of an idol of mine. So it was a challenge for me to do this song justice. I decided to pick My Heart because it's one of my favourites. It was fun just singing for once and not having to worry about whether or not I'm playing the right chords on guitar. The performance is nothing spectacular and it was the first take. Unfortunately you can barely hear mark's vocals past me, but he's singing I promise! Thanks again to Mark for helping me out and please check out Mark and So Long Lisa on http://www.bebo.com/solonglisa, it's much appreciated. Anyways, on with the video. This is My Heart by Paramore and I hope you enjoy!



1 comment:

bex said...

Being honest i had never heard of paramore before i read your blog. Yet after watching the recordings i thought i would investigate. So thanks for drawing my attention to her. I also agree totally agree with your comments on the amazing one republic, truly exceptional band. Your reviews are spot on so keep them coming. I may discover some more hidden gems in the future. :)